1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 sticks of butter in silver colored 2 quart pot. Bring butter to boil and cook stirring for 10-15 minutes until it first begins to turn brown. Remove from heat and continue to stir until it cools slightly.
2. Meanwhile, cook the chopped apples in the 4 tablespoons of butter and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and salt. Cook until apples are softened about 10 minutes.
2. Once the brown butter mixture cools slightly, stir in the sugar, vanilla, 3 eggs, salt, and then add in the flour 1 cup at a time. Fold in the cooked apples and walnuts.
3. Place parchment paper or foil in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish, and overhang the sides. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Pour batter into the pan and smooth into the corners. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
5. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes. Let cool and slice into small squares. Would be great drizzled with warm caramel sauce!